Jerry Dostie may have been the driver.
Although Bob Judkins’s 2x Pinto is thought by many people to have been the first Pinto in Modified racing, it was actually preceded by about three months by Seabury Tripler’s Pinto.
This restaurant and Dunster’s were the two gathering places in Malta, NY, where racers and fans would congregate after a race.
1974 – Stafford Spring Sizzler. The X3 cars were owned by Tony Ferrante and for years driven by Jim Hendrickson.
1968 – Malta. This was during the period after Stafford Springs had been paved and was running on Friday nights. As a result, most of the top New England drivers did not race there in normal features.
1972 – Martinsville. The marks on the photo are for cropping – photo originally appeared in the 1972 yearbook of “Hod Rod Magazine”.
This car was driven by Glenn Ford, who was killed in a race at Syracuse Fairgrounds in 1958.
George Janowski at Fairmont Speedway.
Howie Westervelt. Photo by John Grady.
1975-09-14 – Watkins Glen. This was a rare Modified race on a road course.
This is Bobby Bard in the car in which he won the 1970 Riverside 500. The number, 101, came from when the car’s owner, Ralph Boehm, bought Ed’s #61 in 1960, changed it from 61 to 101, and from then on used “101” for his cars.
Langhorne – 1967 or earlier.
Sitting on the tire is Jarb Beaudoin, owner of the #500 coupes and Pintos. Driver Jim Cash is on the right. Photo by Mike Anop.
The great racing photographer, who took many of the photos on this website and was close friends with Ed.
Photographer John Grady with his son John.
Daytona – NASCAR founder Bill France.
Savin Rock was in West Haven, CT.
Stafford Springs Motor Speedway started in 1948.
The X3 cars were owned by Tony Ferrante, based on Long Island, and driven by Jim Hendrickson and Al DeAngelo, among others.
Jim Hendrickson of Long Island.